Our History

ourhistory1

Lakes Baptist Church officially chartered in 1988, under the pastoral leadership of Pastor Terry Macintosh. God began to give Pastor Macintosh a burden to start a church in the Lakes area in the late 1980’s.

 

God strategically crossed Pastor Macintosh’s path with a group of believers from the area and Lakes was born. Our first building was located just a mile north of our current site on Decker Rd. A few years after Lakes was formed, we called our second Pastor, Don Magee, who has continued to serve at Lakes as senior Pastor, now going on 20 years.

ourhistory3

 

 

ourhistory2

 

 

In the fall of 2001 Lakes moved from 1375 Decker, to its current location at 309 Decker, after God had blessed us with a plot of land and a new building.

 

The new building and facilities have allowed Lakes to continue to grow and to, Lord-willing, be a “Lighthouse Amid the Lakes”.